Training for CHALLENGE ROTH?
We have the Training Plans for you...
Our Challenge Roth specific Training Plans are not like your standard off the shelf training plans, we are revolutionising online triathlon training. Our plans come with bells and whistles you wont find with standard off the shelf plans. They are online training plans with added coach interactions but without the expense, here are some of the benefits....
- Structured Training Plans written by Foot Traffic Founder and Coach, Rob Dallimore.
- Plans designed for every level of athlete; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
- The training plans are designed in 4 week long blocks, and you will receive each block the week before it starts.
- Access to your Training Plan through the Foot Traffic Coaching Membership Site or directly to your phone via our app means your Training Plan can be viewed from anywhere at any time.
- All sessions come with detailed workout notes for swim, bike and run.
- Receive regular emails from us throughout your training.
- Each block of training comes with a detailed overview so you will understand the purpose of the training.
- The Foot Traffic Coaching Team are on standby via Chat and email to answer your questions.
- Access to our private Facebook group to give you a sense of community, interact with other athletes and Coaches should you desire.
START DATE: You can join whenever you want. The plans start on 17 February 2020, but the first block will be available for you to view from 13 February. If you join up prior to this date you can use one of the Preparation Plans to follow until the official start date. If you sign up after 17 February we will make sure you have the Training Plan that will match you up to the rest of the group.
PRICE: $12/week. OR $180 one off price for the entire 20 week plan. You can chose to pay in GBP, USD or EUR.
Can I do it?
Undertaking a Training Plan like this requires some level of fitness and experience. Prior to starting off you should have completed in a few longer Triathlons and have a good understanding of what you are capable of. A 20 week Training Plan for a Long Course Triathlon such as Challenge Roth can be physically stressful after the first few weeks.
Our Beginner level plan requires you to swim in the pool for an hour, cycle for about two hours, and run continuously for about an hour. If you are comfortable doing this then you will be ok to take on this Training Plan.
Our Intermediate and Advanced level plans require you to complete a little bit further initially, but also have some understanding of your own training intensities.
As a guide, the Beginner Plan is for the athlete who's racing their first one or wanting to get to the finish line and isn't too worried about your time. The Intermediate Plan is for the athlete who has had a bit of experience at longer distance events and is wanting to have a good time relative to their ability. The Advanced Plan is for the athlete who is an experienced athlete, probably raced a few Long Distance events and wants to really push their limits in training and racing.
The Training Plans are suited more to the Time Crunched athlete, so if you have a bit more time in your week to add to the training then let us know and we will be able to advise where additions can be made if possible.
If you are unsure as to which Training Plan level is suitable for you then please contact us and we will put you on the right track
This is a 20 week Training Plan and is broken into five seperate 4 weeks blocks; BASE1, BASE2, BUILD1, BUILD2 and RACE. Each block is configured slightly differently to ensure there is sufficient training load, progression and recovery to optimise your adaptations.
Each Block has a Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced level for you to chose from.
You have the freedom to move the sessions around the week to suit your own family/work/social schedules.
Base 1 and 2
Weekly hours for these Blocks will be 8-11/week (Beginner), 10-14/week (Intermediate) and 12-16/week (Advanced).
Below is a sample week from the Intermediate Base1 plan.
Build 1 and 2
Weekly hours for these Blocks will be 14-15/week (Beginner), 15-16/week (Intermediate) and 16-18/week (Advanced).
Below is a sample week from the Intermediate Build1 plan.
The race Block follows a similar structure to the Base and Build in terms of workout days, but the volume reduces as you taper down to race day.